We are now hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist in the Roanoke, VA office.
Blue Ridge Color Company, Inc. is a distributor of automotive collision repair supplies and parts headquartered in Roanoke, VA. We have distribution centers in VA, TN, SC, and NC.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist reports, plans, files, inputs data into systems, processes credit cards, generates reports and completes other administrative duties as assigned. They will record payments to customer’s accounts and maintain accounts receivable records by performing the following duties:
- Entering cash receipts and updating accounts receivable by customer.
- Obtaining and emailing invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Processing daily credit card deposits.
- Posting payments made by ACH.
- Filing check stubs and bank receipts in electronic filing system.
- Researching customer payments.
- Answering accounts receivable phone inquiries and follow ups.
- Calling and/or emailing correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Resolve collections by reviewing customer payment plans, payment history, and credit line.
- Maintain thorough, well organized accounts receivable files.
- Run weekly reports.
- Run, review, and send weekly and monthly customer statements.
- Assist with month end closeout reports.
- Summarize vendor credit accounts, research shortages, process credits, and prepare statements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years Accounts Receivable experience preferred.
- Must be honest and reliable.
- Excellent attendance.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong telephone skills required.
- Must be a team-oriented individual.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy.
- Must possess the ability to process and manage critical and confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
Blue Ridge Color Company offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, Simple IRA, and short-term disability.
If you are unable to complete our employment application on-line, please visit our office located at 7727 Garland Circle, Roanoke, Virginia 24019 to pick up a pre-printed application.